Wednesday, November 6, 2013

To Read in November!

Hey guys!! I thought I'd share with you what books I hope to read this month!  Most likely I won't even get through half of these, but hey...a girl can dream.  I actually will have a lot of free time the first two weeks of November, so maybe I'll use those free hours to read!  Okay, here we go!



I'm going to go through these in order, starting with The White Queen.  This bookstack is on my bedside table, so I get excited to read these books because I see them all the time.  I also put them in the order in which I want to read them, but because Clash of Kings is so tiny, I had to put it on the top so that the entire stack (and an iHome) wouldn't topple!  

The White Queen by Philippa Gregory is the only book in this stack that I've actually started.  I'm loving it so far, and I'll keep you updated!  This is the first book of The Cousin's War series, which is set around the time period of the War of the Roses.  It centers around Elizabeth, an ambitious woman who secretly marries King Edward. 

Next, I wanted to throw a classic into the mix, and I thought it was high time to read Wuthering Heights by Emily Bronte, the passionate story of Catherine Earnshaw and Heathcliff.  It'll be my first Bronte! 

Sorry that this next one got cut off in the picture!  I've heard so many great things about Room by Emma Donoghue.  I got this hardback for $5 at Barnes and Noble!! Told from the five-year-old Jack's perspective, this book is about a room.  To Jack, it's a home - all he's ever known.  To his mother, it's a prison.  She decides to escape with her son, but are they ready for what the outside world has to offer?

Don't get mad at me guys!  I haven't read Divergent yet.  Veronica Roth takes us to a dystopian world in Chicago, where people are divided into factions.  These five factions work to cultivate a specific virtue.  And when you turn sixteen, you choose which faction you will devote your life to.  This follows Beatrice, her choice, and all that comes after.

Lastly, I'm excited to get into Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children by Ransom Riggs. This follows Jacob, a boy who's sent to the ruins of Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children.  After he finds some disturbing old photographs and realizes that some of these children may still be alive.

Oh!  I almost forgot to mention Clash of Kings by George R.R. Martin.  This is the second installment in the A Song of Ice and Fire series.  I need to catch up with this series, because I want to read along with the show!  With the king dead and Eddard gone, everyone is vying for the throne.

Well, that's it, guys!  I really hope that I'll read all of this in this upcoming month.  I promise I'll keep you updated :)

No comments:

Post a Comment